Child Care Subsidy
Deadline: Faculty, June 1. Students/Postdoctoral scholars may submit throughout the year.
Award Amount: $4,000 annually
Directions: Submit online application.
This program provides child child care subsidies to doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty members with children in USC Child Care Programs. Supplemental Childcare Grants are available each year for a select number of doctoral students in good standing, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty members who have primary childcare responsibilities for a child in the infant through pre-school age range. Priority is given to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Faculty applications are due June 1, with decisions announced by July 1. Each WiSE Childcare Grant will be paid in a monthly supplement which is equivalent to a $4,000 subsidy over a 12 month time period and can be prorated mid-year.
NOTE: In the past the USC Childcare website indicated that international students on fellowship were not eligible to receive the university subsidy to the USC Childcare program. As of September 2011 this policy has changed. International students -- be they research assistants, teaching assistants, or recipients of fellowships -- who maintain full-time status DO qualify to receive the subsidy.
- USC Women in Science and Engineering
- 1042 Downey Way, DRB 140*
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1111
- (213) 740-0996
- (213) 821-5252
*The WiSE Suite is located in DRB 232.
In this Section
Grants and Awards
- New Faculty Recruitment
- Support for Facilitating Diversity in Faculty Searches
- Major Support for Current Faculty
- Lloyd Armstrong, Jr. Endowed Chair
- Supplemental Faculty Support
- Faculty Bridge Funding
- Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
- Child Care Subsidy
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Support
- Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
- Fellowship Support to Accommodate Pregnancy, Birth of a Child, and Adoption for Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
- Child Care Subsidy
- Graduate Top-off Fellowship
- Merit Fellowship for Current Doctoral Students
- Travel Grants