WiSE Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
Deadline: No specific deadline
Award Amount: Variable
Directions: Contact Leana Golubchik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-740-0996.
Faculty in science and engineering who have or adopt a child can face unique challenges. The existence of the WiSE Program and the networking and support that are now available to WiSE faculty at USC present a special opportunity to address the situation and work to overcome many of the obstacles that potentially adversely affect the careers of WiSE faculty with families. WiSE will provide guidance to help the faculty member navigate negotiations with faculty member's chair or dean, and may when necessary contribute to the cost of hiring a lecturer to teach the course(s) of the WiSE faculty member for the period of the agreed modified duties, and/or give priority funding through the WiSE Major Support for Faculty Program during the first two years after the birth or adoption of a child to offset grants/contracts negatively affected by childbirth or adoption.
The WiSE Program maintains a list of recommended providers (childcare, pediatricians, obgyns, etc.) recommended by members of our community, as well as recommended guidelines in planning parental leave. Please contact WiSE Program Manager, Dr. Sarah Fried-Gintis at email@example.com or 213-740-0996 to request a copy.
- USC Women in Science and Engineering
- 1042 Downey Way, DRB 140*
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1111
- (213) 740-0996
- (213) 821-5252
*The WiSE Suite is located in DRB 232.
In this Section
Grants and Awards
- New Faculty Recruitment
- Support for Facilitating Diversity in Faculty Searches
- Major Support for Current Faculty
- Lloyd Armstrong, Jr. Endowed Chair
- Supplemental Faculty Support
- Faculty Bridge Funding
- Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
- Child Care Subsidy
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Support
- Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
- Fellowship Support to Accommodate Pregnancy, Birth of a Child, and Adoption for Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
- Child Care Subsidy
- Graduate Top-off Fellowship
- Merit Fellowship for Current Doctoral Students
- Travel Grants