Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
Deadlines: March 3.(In the event that a deadline falls upon a weekend or a university holiday, that deadline will move to the first workday following the posted date.)
Award Amount: $3,000
Directions: Department chairs submit application materials electronically in digital form to the WiSE program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WiSE Merit Awards for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research are offered to current Postdoctoral researchers at USC who demonstrate exceptional work in their field. Candidates must be working under the mentorship of a faculty member in a WiSE-eligible department of the USC Dana and David Dornsife College or Letters, Arts, and Sciences or in the Viterbi School of Engineering. A maximum of four awards will be given each year. Candidates are nominated by the faculty and each department may nominate up to two candidates. Each WiSE Award will be for $3,000.
The purpose of the WiSE Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research is to provide junior researchers an opportunity to be recognized for their achievements. The WiSE Program hopes the awards will provide support and motivation to researchers on an academic trajectory and increase the representation of women in science and engineering.
The WiSE Advisory Board will evaluate the excellence of the candidate's research, the trajectory of progress, and other attributes that demonstrate how the Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research may encourage the candidate to pursue a career in academic science and engineering.
- USC Women in Science and Engineering
- 1042 Downey Way, DRB 140*
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1111
- (213) 740-0996
- (213) 821-5252
*The WiSE Suite is located in DRB 232.
In this Section
Grants and Awards
- New Faculty Recruitment
- Support for Facilitating Diversity in Faculty Searches
- Major Support for Current Faculty
- Lloyd Armstrong, Jr. Endowed Chair
- Supplemental Faculty Support
- Faculty Bridge Funding
- Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
- Child Care Subsidy
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Support
- Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
- Fellowship Support to Accommodate Pregnancy, Birth of a Child, and Adoption for Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
- Child Care Subsidy
- Graduate Top-off Fellowship
- Merit Fellowship for Current Doctoral Students
- Travel Grants