USC Young Researchers Program
Award Amount: Variable
Directions: To apply and for additional information, please visit:
For the past three years, together with the USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, the USC Department of Earth Sciences, the USC Center for Dark Energy Biosphere Investigations, the Joint Educational Project at USC, the USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies, and the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, WiSE has supported the USC Young Researchers Program.
The USC Young Researchers Program brings motivated local inner-city public school students to USC to do hands-on research under the guidance of faculty and graduate students. Through their experience working in USC labs as well as through workshops designed to introduce students to university-level science, students gain scientific and communication skills, confidence in their ability to succeed at an advanced level, a better understanding of current research in the sciences, and information and connections to help them attend college and pursue careers in science.
For additional Information:
- YRP Program Brochure
- YRP Overview 2011
- Neha Ahmed's Poster, "Under the Amazon River Plume: A Biogenic Silica and Porosity Analysis of the Deep Sea"
- Maria Garcia's Poster, "Subduction Initiation: The Role of Rheology"
- USC Women in Science and Engineering
- 1042 Downey Way, DRB 140*
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1111
- (213) 740-0996
- (213) 821-5252
*The WiSE Suite is located in DRB 232.
Examples of Student Posters:
In this Section
Grants and Awards
- New Faculty Recruitment
- Support for Facilitating Diversity in Faculty Searches
- Major Support for Current Faculty
- Lloyd Armstrong, Jr. Endowed Chair
- Supplemental Faculty Support
- Faculty Bridge Funding
- Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
- Child Care Subsidy
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Support
- Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
- Fellowship Support to Accommodate Pregnancy, Birth of a Child, and Adoption for Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
- Child Care Subsidy
- Graduate Top-off Fellowship
- Merit Fellowship for Current Doctoral Students
- Travel Grants