Deadline: No Specific Deadline.
Directions: Contact the WiSE Program Manager, Sarah Fried-Gintis, at email@example.com or 213-740-0996.
First initiated in February 2012 in conjunction with the opening of the WiSE Suite in Grace Ford Salvatori Hall (GFS) 304, WiSE Talks are a monthly discussion series for faculty, students, and postdoctoral scholars. Subjects are selected by members of the community and talks are held in the WiSE Suite. The WiSE Program provides lunch.
Prior WiSE Talks have included discussions of Promotions and the Teaching Faculty (February 2012 lead by Professor Sandy Sawchuk, Chair of the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering), Awards and Nominations(April 2012 lead by Professor Sanjit Mitra, Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering), and Award Nominations in the Viterbi School of Engineering (May 2012 lead by Professor Maja Mataric, Vice Dean for Research, VSoE and Alisa Gonzales, Faculty Awards Administrator, VSoE).
The next WiSE Talk will be held in September 2012 and will include a discussion of Annie-Marie Slaughter's recent article, "Why Women Still Can't Have it All." (Dr. Slaughter is Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University. To read her full article, please see Why Women Can't Have It All.)
To suggest a topic of discussion, please contact the WiSE Program Manager, Sarah Fried-Gintis, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-740-0996.
By encouraging the open discussion of subjects of interest, WiSE hopes to nurture and strengthen the community of engineers and scientists at USC.
- USC Women in Science and Engineering
- 1042 Downey Way, DRB 140*
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1111
- (213) 740-0996
- (213) 821-5252
*The WiSE Suite is located in DRB 232.
In this Section
Grants and Awards
- New Faculty Recruitment
- Support for Facilitating Diversity in Faculty Searches
- Major Support for Current Faculty
- Lloyd Armstrong, Jr. Endowed Chair
- Supplemental Faculty Support
- Faculty Bridge Funding
- Support for Faculty Pregnancy, Childbirth and Adoption
- Child Care Subsidy
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Support
- Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
- Fellowship Support to Accommodate Pregnancy, Birth of a Child, and Adoption for Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
- Child Care Subsidy
- Graduate Top-off Fellowship
- Merit Fellowship for Current Doctoral Students
- Travel Grants