Most Ph.D. students at USC are fully supported by fellowships, teaching assistantships, research assistantships, or a combination of these funding sources. Because each department coordinates its own students' funding, you should begin by asking your department about available fellowships and assistantships.
The Graduate School administers additional fellowships, for which incoming and continuing students can be nominated by their department:
- USC Provost's Ph.D. Fellowship Program
- Annenberg Graduate Fellowship Program
- Endowed Fellowships Administered by The Graduate School
Fellowships, travel grants and post-doctoral support are also offered by USC Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE).
Other fellowships are administered by entities outside the university:
- External Fellowships: Study and Research in the United States
- External Fellowships: Study and Research Abroad
- External Fellowships Database
- Fellowships for Under-represented Students
You will find additional information on the USC Financial Aid website.