External Fellowships
for Study and Research Abroad

American Research Institute in Turkey (ARIT)
A nonprofit educational exchange institution that supports and administers several United States-based and Turkey-based fellowship programs for scholarly research in all fields of the humanities and social sciences, and language study. Programs include the Samuel H. Kress/ARIT Graduate Fellowships in Archaeology and the History of Art and the Bonzaii University Summer Language Program in Advanced Turkish Language. For more information visit the ARIT website.

Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) Senior Fellowship
Offers opportunities for research in Cambodia and neighboring countries. Open to U.S. doctoral candidates and scholars who have earned a Ph.D. in the social sciences and humanities. Research may be also pursued in other mainland Southeast Asia countries (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam), so long as some work is undertaken in Cambodia. Visit the CKS website.

DAAD Graduate Research Grants
Research grants for research or a course of study and training at universities or other institutes in Germany. Awarded primarily to highly qualified Ph.D. candidates, but also to master's degree holders and post-doc researchers. For more information, visit the DAAD website.

Fulbright Scholarships
The Institute of International Education (IIE) provides funding for a year abroad—in one of more than 100 countries—for graduating seniors and graduate students with U.S. citizenship. Students who receive the Ph.D. degree prior to the date of travel are eligible for the CIES (Faculty & Professionals Award). visit the Fulbright website, and contact the Academic Recognition Programs at (213) 740-9116.

Luce Scholars Program
One-year internship placement in Southeast Asia for graduating seniors and recent graduates who are U.S. citizens. Nomination by USC is required. For more information, visit the Luce website.

Marshall Scholarships
Funding for graduate students with U.S. citizenship to study in England. Applicants must be under 26 years of age and have a GPA higher than 3.7. visit the Marshall Scholarships website, and contact the Academic Recognition Programs at (213) 740-9116.

Rhodes Scholarship
Funding for U.S. citizens to study for up to three years at Oxford University in England. Applicants must be unmarried, under 24 years of age, and able to complete the bachelor's degree before entering Oxford. Applicants with significant extracurricular activities and high GPA are preferred. Institutional nomination required. Visit Rhodes Scholarships website, and contact the Academic Recognition Programs at (213) 740-9116.

Rotary Scholarship
Funding for one year of study in any foreign country, with the possibility of one or two months of intensive language training during the summer. USC Rotary Club contact required. visit the Rotary International website and contact the Academic Recognition Programs at (213) 740-9116.

footer rule