University of Southern California

Frequently Asked Questions

I do not have the student health insurance; may I still be seen at the ECSHC?
Yes you may. During the spring and fall semesters, you are automatically charged a student health service fee. This allows you to see our primary care physicians, dermatologist, gynecologists, and counseling department free of charge. However, you will need to pay any procedures, vaccinations, or lab draws performed during the visit.
Can I use my outside health insurance to cover my costs at the ECSHC?
No you may not. We do not accept any outside insurance. You will need to pay all fees out of pocket. We will give you an itemized receipt that you can submit as a claim to your insurance.
Do I need a referral to see an outside provider?
Yes you do. You need to get a referral between August 19, 2013 and May 20, 2014.If you do not get a referral, you will have to pay all fees and face a possible fine.
I did not waive out of the student health insurance for the fall semester, can I waive out of it for the winter and summer semesters?
Yes you can. Please call this number (323) 442-5989
I already graduated from USC, how can I access my medical records?
If you graduated in the last three years and want a copy of your immunizations, including your PPD placements and titer results, please feel free to stop by the office and ask for a printout. The immunization page contains the name of the immunization/test, the date it was placed/read, and the result. If you want to access your entire medical record including full lab results or if you graduated prior to 2010, please fill out the "Medical Records Access Request Form" under our "Forms" tab and drop it off at our clinic, mail it in, or fax it to us at (323) 442-6029.
I never received my Aetna insurance card, how can I get one?
You can click on this link and click on the "Print ID card" on the right hand side of the webpage. Fill in your student ID and your date of birth. A printable copy of your insurance card should become available. Additionally, if you want to update your address, you need to contact the registrar's office on the main campus.