The Mission of the Office for Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Development is to cultivate a fraternity and sorority community of excellence with a particular focus on the areas of outstanding achievement, meaningful faculty partnerships, inclusive interfraternalism, committed civic responsibility and service, and responsible decision-making that demands the highest standards of ethics and integrity from all of its members and organizations.
Our mission is accomplished by bringing together students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and community members to assist our greek-affiliated students in making a positive impact in their own lives, to our campus, and as stakeholders in the global future.
The Goals of the Office for Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Development are:
- To create opportunities for student involvement in order to enhance personal and leadership development through
- participation in self-governance through greek chapters, honor societies, and/or one of six greek governance councils and/or through
- student employment experiences.
- To provide opportunities for faculty-student interaction with our greek community.
- To provide training and resources for recruitment of quality members to our greek community.
- To help our greek students achieve high academic standards by adhering to USC’s comprehensive list of expectations for greek-letter organizations.
- To reduce risk through workshops, pre-event reviews, and by working with Inter/National organizations.
- To provide targeted leadership opportunities through the sophomore and junior Leadership Circles.
- To involve parents and advisors in efforts to enhance the greek community.
- To create mechanisms for collaborations between the six greek councils.