Ariela J. Gross
Expert in race, gender and law in U.S. history, including slavery and employment discrimination
Professor of Law and History
Contact at: (213) 740-4793 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- history of race and the law in the U.S.
- history of gender and the law in the U.S.
- intersections of race and gender in the law
- history of slavery in the U.S.
- history of U.S. law
- history of African Americans and the law
- labor law and employment discrimination
- slavery insurance policies
- critical race theory
- Author of Litigating Whiteness: Trials of Racial Determination in the
19th-Century South (1998) and Double Character: Slavery and
Mastery in the Antebellum Southern Courtroom (2000)